Medical Staff Coordinator (full-time, FF, Days)
Full Time, FTE: 1
NorthBay Medical Center
Under the direction of the Director,
Medical Staff Relations and the Supervisor, Medical Staff Services this
position is responsible for medical staff administrative functions;
credentialing and re-credentialing functions; departmental projects;
accreditation, regulatory, and health plan surveys; and/or resource functions,
as defined below. All staff members are
expected to participate in surveys, to serve as a resource and have assigned
departmental projects. The Medical Staff
Coordinators provide these functions for NorthBay Healthcare Group, Hospital
and Medical Practices Division, and for the NorthBay Surgery Center VacaValley.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Associates Degree (A.A) or 5 years of experience
may substitute for the AA.
- Medical terminology
Licensure and Certifications:
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a healthcare office environment supporting administrative functions is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting medical staff leadership and credentialing experience preferred.
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Standard English with effective writing and editing principles and practices.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Ability to work independently on complex and confidential tasks, compose effective and accurate correspondence.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and solve problems in a busy office environment.
- Requires high level of independent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Requires mastery of software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and dictation equipment.
- Credentialing database management experience, desirable.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare.
- he NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and is reliable, tactful and discreet. Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with physicians, co-workers and the public.
- Utilizes TeamSTEPPS and Connecting with Other’s tools and techniques during interactions to promote the NorthBay Way principles of Caring, Communication, and Collaboration.
- High degree of initiative, independent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment: Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
May occasionally need to come in earlier than designated shift or work later than designated shift to cover assigned meetings.